Monday, August 31, 2009

Thoughts/Gummy Bear Update

Here we go back to music again, but I have been listening to this older Sugarland CD and I have really been enjoying it for a lot of different song reasons, but one in particular has really touched me lately. It is called "Happy Ending", there is one verse that points out that people come from all walks of life and we all have dreams even as young children. It reminds me that it is very important to not push aside the dreams of children (or anyone else) for any reason. We know the odds of becoming the next world-changing leader or even professional sports players are low, but you know what...those were all little kids that grew up with a dream too and they followed it and saw it come to fruition. The song goes:

Cowboys ride into sunsets
The good guy always gets the girl
Cinderella has just fit
A glass slipper that changed her world

We all know the story
We all know the fairy tales
We all get the glory
Of making it for ourselves

From the beginning
We're all looking for a happy ending
Every dream of winning every love we've been in
Right from the beginning, we're looking for a happy ending

We've come here with nothing
And take it with us the day we leave
The first and last breath don't matter
It's all the ones that are in between

It's the reason for living
It's the reason the caged bird sings
It's why we see it in the movies
All the way to the closing scenes

From the beginning
We're all looking for a happy ending
Every dream of winning, every love we've been in
Right from the beginning, we're looking for a happy ending

And for all those dreamers who have come and gone
Who have reached for the stars, who have overcome
You're the hope, you're the wish, you're the truth
Baby, here's the proof:

Baby's born in a ghetto (background "I have a dream speech" spoken by MLK)
Baby's born with a silver spoon (background recording of the first lunar landing)
One tells his mama, "I have a dream"
One tells his mama, "I walk the moon"

I guess I am thinking about this more moving further into this pregnancy. It actually makes me think more about Garth Lee, not really daydreaming about the baby, but all of the possibilities that lay in front of our children if we work hard to help them instead of standing in their way or building obstacles or boundaries that don't really exist.

We had our "big" ultrasound today, our last with the fertility doctor and I have been released to the OB/GYN. I don't see him for another few weeks, but my RE said if I needed anything in the mean time that I could still call them. It was possible (although unlikely) that we could have found out the sex at the ultrasound today, but the umbilical cord was hanging right in between the legs, so no luck, but to be honest I wasn't expecting to find anything out today anyways. It was just pretty great to see the little "guy" jumping around in there and moving all around, it was pretty amazing and touching. The HB was right at about 170, so according to old wives tales, over 140 means girl, but the RE said she has almost never seen a HB under 140 unless it was right at about 6 or 7 weeks, so there ya go. So now we probably won't find out the sex until October...oh well a year ago, or even six months ago I would have given ANYTHING to be bummed that I have to wait a short month or 2 to find out the sex of our baby. We are so blessed in so many ways. They recorded the ultrasound on video (VHS) and if we can find out a way (I've been told it is possible), hopefully we can put it on something else so I can post it here--but that would require quite a bit of technological know-how and a lot of unkowns, so only time will tell if that actually happens ;)

So I added a fuzzy cellphone camera picture I took of one of the ultrasound pictures. In all honesty, that is probably the closest thing we will get to the video on the blog ;)

4 comments:

Tara said...

thanks for sharing that song. I really enjoyed it. glad to hear that the baby is still doing great and you as well. good luck with the video posting!

San Diego Spendloves said...

Baby #2 looks so beautiful.

Very funny about the school lunches too. We actually had down home cooked meals in my elementary school so it is so foreign to me to see what kinds of things our kids are given.

Garth Le is very cute in his first day of school pic.

Sara said...

ARE YOU PREGNANT?????!!!!!

Sara said...

Sorry...I have a really bad habit of not reading the whole blog before I comment.
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE BEST NEWS!!!! I can't wait to meet the little 'guy'!