Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School



Thank goodness for cellphone cameras...notice the sleepy eyes in the first picture. I think that is what we are going to have to work on the most (besides eating cafeteria lunches) is the whole getting up in the morning. Up until this point I have felt blessed with a child that sleeps in, which subsequently allows mommy and daddy to sleep in which is nice...until you HAVE to get up for something, then not so nice when all you want to do is curl up back in bed and that is all he is doing too. I can't complain too much, once he is actually out of the bed he does pretty well, it is just getting him out of the bed that is the hard part.
Garth Lee is going to Honey Elementary. His Kindergarten teacher is Mrs. Scoggin and he really seems to like her a lot. Garth and I both got a bit choked up at the open house when we saw his little name on his locker and saw his classroom, but I was OK the first day of school. My mom and I walked over to pick him up after school the first day and I did tear up a little watching him walk out with his class and his teacher. He is having such a fun time and it is fun to see that. Everyday I get a report on the "slimy" peaches or "gross" french fries (sweet potato fries) that he has tried, but at least he is trying it, I guess. I wanted to just pack his lunches but Daddy overruled me since he feels like he really needs to learn to eat other things, even though I am sure all he is having is a milk (most likely chocolate) and maybe a bite or 2 of the main course and possibly a bite of dessert. I guess he needs to learn sometime and now is as good a time as any.
Anyways, Garth Lee is loving school and we are loving it too!

1 comment:

Tara said...

we are trying to condition ourselves to going to be earlier so we can get up earlier. The kids are doing great other than Bransen! Which in turn makes it harder for me. We still have a couple more days until school starts. I think it will be a happy sad moment for us as well.