Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Best Friend

My little family has been going through quite a lot lately, the least of which is my purse being stolen. We have also had some pretty wonderful things going on as well, unfortunately they have been overshadowed by the bad things, but you live life and move on...ANYWAYS, in any sort of turmoil you are forced to look at and scrutinize those relationships affected. Through the last while, I have realized that more than anything in this world I love my son, pretty much anyone else can come into or duck out of my life and I know that life will proceed with or without them. Not that I didn't realize that before, but I realize it now more than ever. I am learning that no matter how deeply you let things affect you, you have to do everything you can not to let other people's problems creep into your life and affect your own relationships because that gives someone else control over your life which is never a good thing.
(stepping down from soapbox)
Last night while I was laying in bed with Garth Lee (after I had asked him several times to be quiet and go to sleep), he said "Mommy, you know what I wish I was?", I said "What?", he said "A contact for you." I kind of chuckled and asked him why he would want to be my contact. He said "So you could wear me and I would always be close to you." I thought that was just about the cutest thing I had ever heard and oddly profound because without realizing it he knows that I don't see anything clearly without him to provide me the prospective I require. He is such a sweetheart and he is my life, EVERYTHING else is just small (blurry) potatoes.

3 comments:

larshannon said...

Hey, are you not private now? I'm glad because I missed the email cutoff.

What a sweet thing for Garth Lee to say...

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

So sweet! That boy is! I just love the little funny things they say that melt your heart! I am hoping that you are well and enjoying your hubby, son and the little one on the way and all the excitement that brings!

Brooke said...

Yeah, I was private for about 5 minutes and it was way more of a pain then it was worth, so I am back, sorry about the email cutoff, don't take it personally, I forgot my mom the first time too ;(