Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Little Gummy Bear

Well, we got an improptu ultrasound today because of my progesterone levels (everything was fine). Garth had to work last night and doesn't get off until 8am and the nurse wanted me to come in at 7:50 so I had to take Garth Lee with me to the doctor's office. He woke up pretty well because he was excited to see the baby in the "microscope" and we went to the doctor's office. He got to see the little baby, it was really cute, as soon as he could see my uterus on the screen, he was like "I see it" and when he saw the actual baby he said "Awww, it's so cute". I asked him if he thought it looked like a girl or a boy and he didn't say it looked like either, but I feel like it is a boy more after today's ultrasound. I'm not sure why I feel that way, I think maybe just because I remember seeing Garth Lee in an ultrasound when he was that size and so maybe I correlate it with him having been a boy...I guess only time will tell. The only thing that Garth Lee remembered from the visit and what he is telling everyone is that "There is no blood around the baby". He is right, the nurse did say that, but it is kind of gross that is what he is sharing with everyone. "He" still looks like a little gummy bear (I mean, he is still only the size of a small strawberry), but he was moving all over the place and shaking his head from side to side. The placenta is looking like it has taken over production of hormones and we could see the amniotic sac was fully formed around the baby. We have another ultrasound in 2 weeks and then we are released to a "regular" OB/GYN, so then I probably won't have another ultrasound for another 2 months, so I am enjoying it while I can. I'm glad Garth Lee got to see his little brother/sister and I am also glad there was "no blood around the baby".

1 comment:

Torrie said...

Congratulations again! I am so excited for you. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Garth Lee sounds like he will be the most caring and loving big brother.