Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TGIF

Well, it is my Friday anyways. Plus, I am so very excited because I think I will only have to come to work 1 or 2 days on my days "off" instead of everyday like I have been, of course I am on-call, but still, it is a step in the right direction. Today is a good day. Garth Le had the stomach bug yesterday, but he seems to be doing a lot better today. He had 4 pieces of toast last night for dinner and he has had 2 today for breakfast and he tried some chocolate milk and according to GiGi, it has stayed down thus far. He was pretty pathetic, so I am so glad that he is feeling better. We, of course, kept him home from school today and we will have to play tomorrow by ear, as I would hope all parents of sick kids would do. One really cute thing that happened last night was that after the prayer where we prayed for Garth Le to feel better, he looked up and said, "It worked! I feel better, Heavenly Father made me better!" I wish I had that kind of faith. Although...I would like to believe that we must have lots of faith in this flat area of the world because we moved our mountains to placed of lesser faith ;) I'm pretty sure you can actually get on a step ladder and see all the way around the world to your backside around these parts. It's flat, but it's home and we do have the best sunsets.

3 comments:

San Diego Spendloves said...

Sweet, sweet little Garth. What a tender story.

Beautiful picture too.

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

I love this picture it is exactly what I see in my mind when I think of west Texas! Glad Garth is feeling better! Luv YA!

Amanda said...

Brooke:
It is Craig Philipp, but you progbably remember me better as Elder Philipp. So I am not blog stalking, I found your blog through Kelton and Sarah's by sending an invite to Sarah through Facebook. I decided I need to stay in better contact with people from the mission. I have already re-connected with Spencer and asked him for email addresses but if you get a second drop me a line and let me know how things are going with you and Garth and everyone in Lubbock. My email address is craigphilipp@gmail, also our Blog address is craigandamanda.blogspot.com