Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm Tired of Looking at My Prom Picture

As the title so eloquently states, I am really tired of coming to my blog to go to other blogs and seeing that picture of what seems like a lifetime ago. The solution, of course, was to get out of my blogging rut and put up a new post. There is nothing particularly interesting going on in our lives, but my BFF Liza's mom made a comment on her daughter's blog that really struck a cord with me and I don't want to forget it:

"Perfection shouldn't be a stick to beat yourself with but a carrot to dangle in front of your nose."

I think that quote could be something very valuable for a lot of people, especially women that I know who try so very hard to be the best possible everything and never feel like they are worth the time or effort. You know who you are. These are inspired words to remember and I know I will try very hard to remind myself of these words often.

Garth has started working at CVS. I think he is a little overwhelmed right now, the store is the busiest in town, which says a lot when you are talking about CVS. He is worried about the responsibility, but I know that he will do great. He has also been stressed about the upcoming annual assessment and his licensure exams this summer. I just think it is really exciting that he is so close and I have confidence in his abilities.

Garth Le is having a ball at school. Today was pajama day and he wore his new Kung Fu Panda digs. He truly is the sweetest, but sometimes the stinkiest boy. I got some sugar free Red Vines for a movie date to see "The Tale of Despereaux" with my hubby and son and Garth Le really loved them, but the problem is that they can make you a little gaseous. That night when we were going to bed, he was tooting respectably even for an adult and I couldn't help but giggle at him. He got mad at me, told me it wasn't nice to laugh when someone toots. I apologized and thought to myself that it won't be too long and he will be mighty proud of those. It was just cute. I told you I didn't really have anything to blog about.

Our vacuum cleaner died, so we had to get a new one. Our cleaning lady was mad because it weighs 29 pounds and she has to lug it to 3 floors. She thinks we need to get 2 more. I think she needs to start lifting weights.

I know that our lives are kind of boring but I am grateful for that, because it means that there is nothing "bad" interesting to report, even if there is nothing "good" interesting either.

2 comments:

Torrie said...

I think this was a great post. I'm with you on liking your "boring" life. I like my boring life because it's completely drama free.
Drew and I went on a date to see the Tale of Despereaux. It wasn't a bad flick but I'm glad we got the matinee pricing for it. I don't think we'll be adding it to our collection anytime soon.

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

You are so sweet! I am so glad you pushed me to do the blog it has really been a blessing! Just like you are a blessing in my life I will danglew that carrot instead of beating myself up. Luv YA!