Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is This Sad?

I have not been tagged, but I am at a loss for interesting blogging, so I am going to take one of the blog tags for YOU from someones blog and say that YOU is me today. Here goes.

High School Tag:

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes, I dated the same guy from the very beginning of my sophomore year through my Freshman year of college, see picture above. My parents were THRILLED!

2. What kind of car did you drive? I wasn't 16 until my junior year, so that kind of sucked, but I got lucky and was able to drive my mom's convertible while she started full time Suburban drivership. It was a pretty sweet ride, as you can clearly see, a 1993 Chrysler Lebaron!


3. Were you a party animal? No, I was always the mother hen of my group of friends. My parents, especially my mom, thought I was horrible and they probably still think that I did a lot of bad things, but I never did. I was a bit attitudinal, but definitely no party animal. Plus I hung out with a lot of Mormons. Woo Hoo, PARTYTIME!!!

4. Were you considered a flirt? Um, probably, but I did have a boyfriend so I tried hard to keep my flirting to him.

5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope.

6. What was your most embarrassing moment of high school? I probably embarrassed myself daily, nothing really sticks out though.

7. Were you a nerd? No, I was an athlete, not exactly a "cool kid", but not a nerd either, I don't think.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? Volleyball all 3 years and I played soccer my senior year and there was no JV, so I guess I was on varsity although I was no good.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, I was pretty much all of my teachers' pets. I still talk to some of them.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Of course.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? I had a love/hate relationship with my volleyball coach, Coach Langdon, but when I was looking for the picture I posted above, I read a note she wrote to me as I graduated and I guess I appreciate it a lot more now that I am a little older. I also really liked Mr. Fortenberry and Mrs. Rowe. I had lots of teachers I loved, see #9.

12. What was your school's full name? Monterey High School

13. School mascot? The Plainsmen (intimidating, I know)

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? Of course, see #1, we went to a lot of the school functions and we always went together. I think people that I knew in high school would be shocked that we didn't get married.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Nope. Although I really did love high school, I am extremely satisfied where life has taken me and there are plenty of things that I have gotten through that I would hate to have to do again.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember taking pictures outside of the auditorium and that my boyfriend's mom took 10x the pictures that my mom did (which was still a lot). I also remember sitting and listening to the talks and thinking that I hope that this is not the highest point of my life like they were making it sound like it was.

17. Where did you go senior skip day? Did we have that? I am not sure, but I never would have skipped, see #3 and #9 for clarification.

18. Were you in a club? Just sports, I think. I did do academic decathlon one year.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? Wow, I have honestly been well over 100 pounds heavier than I was in high school. Now I am much closer to my high school weight.

20. Who was your prom date? Guess.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Probably, I guess it is this summer, I don't know how I will know what is planned, if there is anything, hopefully someone will mail me something.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Relax and enjoy the moments. I really wished my life away, I wish I would have just slowed down.

I now tag Sarah and Kate. Thanks for playing!!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

this is so not sad... I think it's fun to read about people's high school life. Thanks for playing :)


I miss you all too!

Unknown said...

The sad part is I remember you driving that car! Am I old or what!!!