Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blessing Day

Look familiar? If you've ever looked on my mantle it does...only it's a different kiddo ;)

Here's the "original":

Today was Gavin's blessing and Garth and Gavin both did did wonderfully. Garth blessed Gavin with health and strength, that he would go on a mission and that he would find a companion that he would be with for eternity ;) He also called him Randall instead of Gavin...which is his middle name, so it's not really like he changed it up there...it was a close one, but I think we'll stick with Gavin :)

Here are 'the boys' getting ready for church (notice the matching ties)...try to ignore my husband's "smile", he is smiling-for-pictures challenged...oh well, at least he is cute in real life ;)

I did actually catch a smile from Gavin, he was looking at his big brother. It's still a little hard to actually catch a smile on camera, but they are getting more and more frequent, so it won't be too long now I don't think before we will be getting lots more on record.

I nursed Gavin right before the blessing so that he would hopefully sleep and not cry during the blessing...it worked and here was a picture of him in my lap...I like to call it the 'milk coma'

A little out of order, but here are my boys just hanging out. Big brother Garth Lee loves to hold Gavin and here he is giving kisses.

Here's my big man with his most GQ pose before the blessing in our yard...please excuse the weeds (you probably wouldn't have noticed though if I didn't say anything, huh?...nah they are pretty hard to miss)

Here we are just one (medium) happy family ;)

Just like this picture of his little outfit and tie. It came with a little sewn-on bow tie and I cut it off so that he could wear his matching tie.

This was after the get-together we had at the house after church. It was also Garth's birthday this week so we did a little celebration for Gavin's and Caroline's blessings and the birthday. We had probably 70 or so people here, probably more and we had a blast, but we (and the dogs) were pretty tuckered out afterwards...this was the scene in the basement after the last people left and Mimi came to pick up Garth Lee.

Spike found Gavin's padded bum a cozy resting place for his weary head.
We had a great day. You can't get much better than fun, food and fellowship. Here's hoping we all have a restful night...especially Gavin (so I can too). We have had a good 6 weeks, some hard days/nights, but WAY more better ones...I'm pretty sure we're going to keep him ;)

3 comments:

The Ashdowns said...

Wow, you are on the ball! I love the matching ties and your post made me laugh more than once. I'm glad things are going well at your house!

Amanda said...

So sorry we missed you Sunday. I will post pictures of the rash soon. Thinking it might be erythema multiforme?? The boys look so cute. They are all precious. You look good too Momma!

Amy said...

Wow! Those two boys look a lot alike!! Both as cute as can be... can't believe how big little Garth is!!!