Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another Weight Post

I went to a medical supply store in town last Thursday, which was Gavin's 7 week 'birthday', that will let you weigh your baby and then feed them and weigh them again so that you can see how much they are getting at a feeding (or at that feeding at least). I know that different scales can be very different, but Monday Gavin was 10lbs 6oz at the hospital and Thursday, at the medical supply store, he weighed 11lbs 3oz (after eating). He ate 2.6oz at that feeding and it had only been an hour and 45 minutes since he ate...which explains why he is gaining so well...he's eating A LOT.

The nurse there said that an ounce per hour it has been since the last feeding is a pretty good rule of thumb for this age, so he is eating quite a bit more than that, but it is nice to have that as a guide for when I go back to work. I have been stressing quite a lot about going back, even for one day because I feel like I am feeding all day and that Garth isn't going to have a way to pacify Gavin since he doesn't take a pacifier and whenever he cries, I just feed him...Garth won't really have that option without wasting a lot of milk and as anyone who has ever nursed a baby (or knew anyone who has ever nursed a baby) knows, that stuff is liquid GOLD and it is truly a tragedy if ANY is wasted...anyways, I know that was a lot more info than anyone wanted to know, but that's kind of how I roll...;)

And since we are on the subject of weight...it is time for it to start coming off me! Garth and I both have some baby weight to get rid of (I really need to lose about 30 pounds...15 more pregnancy pounds and 15 that I still needed to lose before we got pregnant) so we are going to start going to the gym together that is right across the street from where we live. I'm not going to post how much we weigh here, but I will hopefully be posting how many pounds we are losing. I have a goal of losing that 30 pounds in the next 4 months which is a realistic 2 pounds a week...here's hoping typing it out will make me feel accountable and help me to get my rear in gear.

No comments: