Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2 Month Stats

Well, I have a pretty fussy (but thankfully sleeping) baby right now. He is hurting and is running a little fever after his shots today...poor guy. He cried a little when he got them and then he slept for a couple of hours after and I have kept him medicated with Tylenol every 4 hours, but the last couple of hours he has been struggling a little. I know he will be better in the morning, I just wish morning were here already.

Height: 22.5in (I think longer, she didn't stretch him out enough on the table, but we will go with what the 'official' stats were)

Weight: 11lbs 15oz

I can't remember what his head circumference was but it and everything else was right around the 50th percentile and it is all following the curve beautifully. His weight is increasing a little faster than the curve, which is fine since we got off to a slow start.

(Warning: Possible TMI alert!--and my apologies to grown-up Gavin for some of the following)

At 2 months, Gavin :

  • Holds his head up for a long time, especially when he is held upright (Daddy thinks he tilts to the right--which could be to compensate for his undescended testicle--jk)
  • Still only has one descended testicle, but I am confident that the other is on it's way down(we have until 6 months before we have to go see the urologist)
  • Can roll to his sides
  • Loves to visit with people, especially in the morning, will smile and coo...but I have to be right there in his face or he thinks I am not paying him enough attention and gets a little upset
  • Usually only cries if he is hungry, tired, or in his car seat (we have actually had a pretty good couple of days with the car seat thing, so knock on wood that we continue improving in this area)...oh and he cries when he gets shots too (but who doesn't?)
  • Loves it when his big brother talks to him and especially loves him to sing to him...there have been a couple of times in the car when Gavin is very upset and Garth Lee will just make up words and sing them to Gavin and he will calm down a little, it is very sweet and makes Garth Lee feel good to help
  • Still gets up A LOT at night, I did a sleep diary last night and he got up 7 times from 8:30pm to 7:30 and his longest stretch of sleep was 2 hours and 21 minutes :(
  • Is still in our bed since it is easier to feed him (and easier for me to sleep while he eats those 7 times a night)
  • Still LOVES my wrap that I wear him in, it is like a sedative, I put him in and WHAM he is asleep in seconds...except, of course, the few times I have tried it at home when he has been fussing at night, then it just makes him madder--oh well, I LOVE it, there is no way with his aversion to the car seat that I would ever get anything done away from the house without being able to carry him in it
  • Is 99.9% breastfed, he has had 6 ounces of formula since he has been born...3 for jaundice, and 3 one night I just didn't have enough...we have tried a couple of other times when we thought he was still hungry but he hasn't taken any since he was a couple of weeks old
  • Is eating every 1.5-2 hours all day long, it is very rare that he will go more than 2 hours and sometimes in the evening will eat every hour
  • Poos every 2-3 days (improved from every 7 or 8)...but we were doubly blessed today, so who knows
  • Will not take a bottle anymore...we have tried a couple of times the last couple of weeks with both breast milk and formula and he just chews the nipple and smiles up at you...it's cute, but worrisome since I am working some starting soon and he is going to have to take a bottle or he will be a very hungry boy (or Daddy will bring him to me at work I am sure if it gets that bad...here's hoping it doesn't)
  • Has grown out of all of his newborn clothes and is pushing a size 2 in diapers, I think the next time we go to Sam's we will get the 1-2 in between size
  • Has come around on the bathing thing...I'm not sure he exactly enjoys it, but he doesn't cry anymore even when I wash his hair
  • Is a delight and I love him more everyday and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings (especially today)

1 comment:

Tara said...

I feel for you. The first two to three months Bransen would wake up every 45 min to an hour and a half. It was torture. Then he started sleeping a fairly consistent two hours at least but was still a terrible sleeper. We are down to only getting up once or twice now. I still remember those sleepless nights all to well though. I hope it gets better for you soon.

I love it when the siblings sing in the car and try to help. That is such a sweet moment.