Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Soy Veggie Burgers Anyone?

I am getting pretty adventurous with my food choices lately looking for things that are tasty but most of all good for me. Actually I have gotten to a place where if I can choke it down I will eat it if it has lots of nutritional value. I am not a big meat eater, I am pretty sure I could be a vegetarian except I would be even fatter because I would eat a lot of donuts and bean burritos which wouldn't be the best. I bought some Boca burgers after being told about them through a blog friend of mine who has the same nutritional concerns as I do. I microwaved one and had it with a little ketchup and pepper and it was GOOD. You heard me, it wasn't tolerable or OK, it was actually really good! I like the texture a lot better than I like the texture of ground beef, it is kind of like a really really moist hamburger patty. Now I just have to figure out how I am going to slip this into a bun for my husband...Hey maybe when I go to Amarillo I can cook them for girl's night? How about it Liza?

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Thanks for the name shout out... Torrie's right you know I'm just a big ol blog bully. To answer your question um no thank you I believe Jim Gaffigan said it best when he said, "no son of mine is going to be gay, now eat your meat p*ssy!!"

I DON'T heart word verification!!

Torrie said...

Liza, you crack me up. Brooke, our girl's nights are all about throwing calorie counting out the window. It doesn't get any better than fried green beans with ranch dressing and a dripping molten lava chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert. We even it out by drinking Diet Coke so it's not that bad.
Actually, I have wondered how those veggie burgers taste. They look good on the cover of the box but you just never know. I was told that you could substitute tofu for hamburger meat in your spaghetti sauce and not know the difference. Well, Brent could tell and asked me to never make that again. I think his beliefs fall right in line with Jim Gaffigan's.