Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another Day, Another ER Visit

Yep, we went to the Pedi ER last night with Garth Le. We were visiting GiGi and Garth Le was being silly (imagine that) and decided to put a blanket on his head and walk around (which I told him rather forcefully to NOT do, but what do I know) He got up on the couch and he fell and hit his neck on the coffee table. Right after, he was fine, I think he was mainly worried that he was going to be in trouble and once that adrenaline wore off, it started hurting. I really thought he was fine and just whining, but over the course of an hour, his tears were more and more earnest and he kept wanting me to rub his neck and he wouldn't move it. We met Garth at home after the priesthood meeting and he said, let's go to the ER, better safe than sorry. We got in pretty fast, took xrays, and were able to go home shortly after. When we got him into a room is when I noticed how horrible he looked, not his neck, but everything else. I just wanted to run out of there because I was sure that CPS would come take him away. He was shoeless and his feet were DIRTY, well, not just his feet, pretty much to his thighs were almost black with dirt. He still had icing stains on his mouth and shirt from his cousin's birthday party a couple of hours before that. He looked like a homeless kid. He has a contusion (a.k.a. bruise) on his neck and some muscle spasms, so he will be fine and we are just an ER copay poorer. The doctor did say there is a reason that pilots don't put blankets over their heads to land a plane...because they will crash. The parallel went over Garth Le's head, but I thought it was pretty funny. He is still stiff and hurting a little today, but all in all, everything is OK and that is what matters.

No comments: