Thursday, September 18, 2008

Scouts


Garth and I were called this summer to be the Wolf leaders at church. Now Garth has had a lot of scouts callings since we have been together and I have always helped, but this is the first time I have been officially called to be a leader with him. I have to say that I really didn't know what to expect. I LOVE our scouts, we have great boys! The wolves are the kids just getting into Cub Scouts so they are 8 years old and they haven't developed the "too cool for school" attitude yet and we just have so much fun. I am officially a scout nerd, I already ordered my uniform from the scout office online and I can't wait to get it. This week we did marshmallow olympics where we saw who could kick, throw and spit a large marshmallow the furthest. Then, of course, we had to see who could fit the most in their mouths without chewing, swallowing or puking (gotta love boys). You would not believe it but our smallest scout (not counting Garth Le) who is probably lighter than Garth Le and maybe 2 inches taller fit 6 large marshmallows in his mouth and we only stopped because that made him win, he probably could have gotten 2 more in there, it was shocking! I just love our boys and I am very excited about how this calling is going to help us and how excited Garth Le is about being a part of scouts. He insisted that he had a wolf book just like the other boys and we are trying to hold out on the uniform, but I think we are fighting a losing battle. As far as he is concerned he is just one of the scouts. He is very serious about it too, I love it! I have pictures to download and blog about the last month of events, and I will and all one of my readers will be very excited!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

It makes a HUGE difference when you love your calling. See you tomorrow!!

Torrie said...

That's good that Garth Le is already interested. Then he will be an enthusiatic scout when he turns 8 and on. I don't know what to think about scouting or the uniforms (for the moms). All I can picture is moms in the 80's with frizzy perms turning their boys upside down to pin them with something. Kinda scares me.

Amanda N. said...

Brooke,
I am so excited I found your blog. I will now be another reader for you. Garth Le is adorable. I love how you talk about him lying in bed with you and asking questions. It makes your day, when it has been so bad.