Monday, September 22, 2008

Disney Break-In

...Not as in criminal, but as in shoes. Ok, so here is the abbreviated timeshare story: For my graduation from pharmacy school, my parents got Garth and I a trip to Ft. Lauderdale via my uncle and aunt's timeshare. Long story short we ended up becoming timeshare owners. It is something we had talked about previously to make sure that we made vacationing with our family a priority so we decided to take the plunge. We have just recently decided to really embrace it and we are taking LOTS of trips for "free" soon. In May we are doing our first big Disney trip with the family (which is where our timeshare's 'home base' is), my parents and Garth's as well as my cousin Jeni and her family are going together (also I think a few others are going to coordinate Disney trips at the same time as well). We have booked the presidential suite at our resort and Garth and I wanted to check it out before we all go in May. So last weekend we went from Thursday to Sunday and it was incredible!!! I didn't want to post a lot of pictures of the resort because I really want it to be a suprise to the family when we go. I have NEVER stayed anywhere as amazing and we are on Disney property and can see every fireworks show from our room, not to mention a water park on-site and numerous pools and a pretty awesome activities program for the kids (and adults). It made us very excited for May, it is going to be a LOOOOONG wait, but I am sure it will be worth it.

We stayed in pretty much the bottom rung of rooms and it was very impressive, this was the bathroom: jacuzzi tub for 2, there was this vanity and another vanity in the toilet room, which you can't see from this picture, but it was huge, all granite tiles and countertops. In May we have gotten the Presidential Suite that is the nicest room they have at this resort. We were able to see one and it was unbelievable.

This was our bed, it was very comfy!

This was the living area that was off of the kitchen and bar area, there was also a full sized dining table that had places and chairs for 8, out the window is the lake the resort is built on and a really awesome fountain.


We took one day and went to Daytona Beach, it was about an hour drive and it was very worth it. It did end up costing us more than planned, although the beach was free, a wave came and knocked my prescription sunglasses into the water and they were not to be found or washed ashore. Oh well, it really was worth it and there is probably a fish or lobster or something that can now see for the first time.

Garth and I had such a blast, we were there all day just playing in the surf. You can drive on the beach at Daytona and there were lots of families with coolers and umbrellas having picnics. I think this is something we will definately have to do when we come in May, but we are getting boogie boards next time, for sure.

No comments: