Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Husband

Sometimes, OK well, most times, I feel like less than the 'perfect' wife. Far from it, actually. I know a lot of people take their frustrations out on their kids (usually they are the source of the frustration), but I always take them out on Garth. I am so grateful that he has stuck around and let me have my fits and love me anyways. We have been through a lot of emotional ups and downs in our 8+ years together. As we start this journey to be a healthier family, I am very excited to see how our attitudes change. I was reading another blog about a husband/dad's birthday and she was talking about her 'perfect' husband that does the dishes and puts up laundry, etc. I have rarely washed a dish and Garth always has a load of laundry going (most times it isn't separated and it is practically overflowing, but still). He is very generous and giving of himself and his resources. He doesn't think twice about himself if he can benefit someone else in any way. He has worked very hard in school, when some would have thrown in the towel, he stuck it out and as a result, in a few short months, he will be finished with school forever and will be making a very respectable income for his family. He is very funny and ALWAYS quick to forgive no matter what. Garth loves his son very much and, in turn, his son thinks he hung the moon.

I just don't give Garth the credit he deserves most of the time and I hope that I can remember that people treat you the way you treat them and I want to treat Garth the way he treats me, that is my goal. I want us to be a happy family for TIME as well as eternity. I know we have a lot of work to do in order to strengthen our family as far as gospel principles as well as just our human relations, but the best part is the love is there always and it is stronger than anything that comes our way and I know we can be better every day and I know that we will.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am so spectacularly happy that you are back on this bloggin thing!!! So glad I can keep up with you!