Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finished


*Spoiler Alert*...oh, wait no one reads this blog...*Nevermind*

Well, I finished the 'last' book in the Twilight series and I loved it. Some may call it cheese that everything seemed to fall into place, but I just love those types of stories. This book is intended for youth and for me, apparently. I LOVED it. I am so looking forward to the movie of the first book coming out in December. It seems like a lot of people don't like the last book, I think it is my favorite aside from the first. It doesn't hurt that I called a lot of the 'twists' so I never really felt blind-sided, except when Alice and Jasper left, that I didn't see coming. I put 'last' in quotes because I think it is left open for anything in the future, should Stephanie Meyer want to go there...I think my favorite part was that Bella was finally able to protect her new family when they have all been risking their lives for so long (willingly or not) to protect hers. I just knew that Edward and Bella have a child, although some laughed at this speculation. I also figured Jacob would imprint on this child. I was surprised to feel a sort of respect for Aro in the end. I was nervous that they would have to defeat the Voltouri, because, like it or not, there still would need to be order and consequences for actual rogue vampires, and it wouldn't be in the nature of the Cullen family to take this responsibility upon themselves...well, maybe Jasper and Emmett...ok, so if it sounds like I have thought about all of this waaaay too much, you're right, I have. I think Renesmee was essential to the plot of the story, like my friend (and only reader) Eliza, I think it would have been a sad thing for Bella to have never been a mother, knowing how much joy is brought to your life through your children (I also think about what a great mom I would be if I never had to sleep...but I digress). There really was no other choice for her but to become a vampire, so I wasn't sure how she was going to do this, but Mrs. Meyer was and I liked how it happened...At the very end, I was so elated at Bella's ability to convey her feelings for Edward directly to him. Talk as people may about Stephanie Meyer's literary ability, typos, etc. but that woman has made hundreds of thousands of people fall in love with a vampire, which is no small feat. I quickly came to love the characters and their love for one another. Contrary to Eliza, I am not sad it is over, I actually hope that she doesn't write another, darker book, which is what I would fear because of how people are responding about the 'simplistic' ending to the series. I love a happily ever after and I felt very satisfied with the ending, a forever family...in one way or another. I could also dissect gospel principles from this book, but who has time...
Ok, so here are my choices for the cast, even though they are already chosen...These are mine:

I think the Bella, Carlisle, Esme and Emmett are fine in the current cast

Edward: (a young Brad Pitt)

Rosalie (Sienna Miller)

Alice (Rachel Leigh Cook)

Emmett/Edward/Carlisle (Paul Walker--he is really hot!)

Jasper (Jesse McCartney-he already has the pout down)

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I'm so glad you liked it. I really did like it I just thought it could have had some more drama and it could have been a little less "perfect". I LOVE your picks for the actors. I too believe that Paul Walker should be a Cullen. He's yummy!!