Friday, August 15, 2008

Garth Le's 4th Birthday

We had a really fun day yesterday. The night before we made Garth Le a birthday boy shirt and then, we woke up his birthday morning and went to the 'Fly Me To The Moon' movie at the omnimax theater, then played at the Science Spectrum for a while. After that we went to 50th Street Caboose to have lunch and play games. They sang happy birthday to him and he got a little ice cream sundae. After that we went to GiGi's house and played with his Martian making thing I got him for his birthday. Then we went to the Jump 'n Jungle (where his birthday party will be in 2 weekends). Then we picked up Daddy and Riley and Brooke to see Backyardigans Live. It was fun, although it did not go unnoticed by Garth Le that they were not the 'real' Backyardigans, just people in costumes, but he thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the girls. We ate at Chick fil a after that and let the kids play before we had to take Riley and Brooke back to their Aunt Laura's house. The kids had a really great time and frankly, so did I. Garth Le was very sad to take his friends back, but we will pick them up tonight and Jerm is going to pick them up when he gets off of work.

I just want to write about how much I love my son. My favorite part of the day is laying down with him at night. I used to want so badly for him to go to bed on his own, and now I wouldn't trade that time with him for anything in this world. We lay there in the dark and either tell each other stories, or do ABC's or just talk about the day and how much we love each other. This is the time he is usually FULL of questions, which is fun, but kind of exhausting at the same time, you know questions like "why does the sun make the sky blue when the moon makes the sky black" and other equally scientific questions and he won't stop asking until he is fully satisfied with the answer. I just love him so much, he will lay with me and stroke my cheek and tell me he loves me and he will kiss me on the forehead. He is very sweet and tender. He is 100% ADHD (which he comes by honestly) but I love his energy and I love him for him. I want to give him the world and I hope that he always remembers that his mother would and did do everything in her power to show him how much she loves him. He will always be my baby, but he is also such a big boy. I LOVE YOU Garth Le!!!

Pictures to come...

1 comment:

Eliza said...

what a sweet post to Garth Le. I must say that he really is a special little boy. My kids LOVE Garth so much. I love how much they all love each other and how excited they always are to see each other. Happy birthday big guy!! We love you!!