Friday, April 10, 2009

The Luckiest Mom

Ok, ok, I know we have been back for almost a week now, but I still haven't been able to upload the pictures because I have been working since we got back, so I will blog about our trip when I get the pictures on the computer. But, we did have a great time. Anyways, I wanted to write this down before I forget about it because it was so special to me. As I have said before, without apology, I still lay down with Garth Lee for him to go to sleep at night and I LOVE IT. Two nights ago, as we were laying down, he was talking to me like he always does to keep himself awake for as long as he possibly can (and even though I am always telling him to stop talking so he can go to sleep, this is secretly my absolute favorite part of everyday). He had been quiet for a while so I thought he was asleep, then he turned over and put his hand on my cheek and told me that I was "the best mommy he has ever had". He told me that he was so glad that he was born in my tummy and that he was sorry that my tummy hurt when he was born, but he was just really excited to see me (you think maybe I watch too many baby shows on tv?) The last thing he said was "you are so good to me" and then he went to sleep. I don't know where they get the things they say sometimes, but sometimes it is just what you need to hear.

Oh, he also was making a mental list of things that started with the letter G on a different night. He realized that GiGi has 2 G's and he said "but when PawPaw talks to GiGi, he calls her July", then he giggles because he is sooooo proud of his clever joke, her name is June. I thought it was pretty cute and clever too.

3 comments:

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

So cute! He is so funny I love his sense of humor!

Vinyl Wonders said...

Brooke, that has to be the sweetest thing I have ever heard. We also do "takla Jacobs" and "talka Noahs" at night and this is one of my favorite parts of the day. Sometimes it is a rush, but lots of those are special memories and learning moments.

That so sweet that he could think in that spectrum! I hope my kids know, like Garth, how much I love them. I'm glad you guys got back safe!! Cant wait to hear all about it!!

Torrie said...

He is such a sweet little boy. I love how their minds think and express things. They are precious little blessings!