Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Excuses Needed

So I have hit a major stall on the weight-loss front and I still have about 15-20 pounds to go and I know that I need to up the exercise to get there. I used to roll my eyes so hard you could hear it when people would talk about their "last 5 or 10 pounds" and how they were the hardest to lose. I officially take those eye rolls back. Last week, I really want(ed) to start running. Not because I want to run, mind you, but because I want to look like a runner. So, I was going to start last week, but my MP3 player was dead, then we had a cold front blow in, and so on. Today it was 85 degrees and tomorrow it will get up to 88 degrees and my MP3 player has been charging for over a week now. So, I am officially out of excuses and I need some more, so bring them on or I am actually going to have to do this thing...please, please don't let that happen.

Oh and by the way, yes that is totally me in the picture, they really should have asked before using it...dang paparazzi.

A Jim Gaffigan quote does come to mind when looking at this picture: "I saw this chick at the gym the other day and you could see her ribs. All I could think was, 'man, I haven't had a McRib in forever.'"

2 comments:

Tara said...

88 is getting a bit warm. if you don't have time to go in the morning before it warms up you may have to call if off so you don't get heat stroke!

Vinyl Wonders said...

congrats on only having 15-20!! That is terrific!!

I do have tons of excuses but, as I sit here trying to think of them they are all way too illogical to write down, so they wouldn't work. lol.

Great job on your weight loss!!

~danielle