Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Really No Big Deal...

It's only our future. So Garth and I are having a great/stressful week this week following his job interviews and the election last week. He essentially has 4 offers on the table and is still waiting to hear from another. When I was looking for a job it wasn't that big of a deal because I knew that it was temporary, I mean I will probably be here for 5 years or so when all is said and done, but in the overall scheme of things, that is really not that long, but hopefully (for the sake of retirement and benefits) where Garth signs will be where he will be for the life of his career (that is if we still have jobs in healthcare). It is so difficult to wade through information about benefits, insurance, etc. for all of these companies while also trying to factor in our country's next administration and what may happen with all of that. I won't go into it, but it is a source of major concern for me and my family. We are very fortunate for Garth to have so many choices, but we also went to college for 8 years for me and 10 for Garth and paid and are still paying for it ourselves, so call me crazy, but I feel like we have earned what we make, but some people think differently, obviously they think we don't deserve it. Oh, I forgot not to go into it. ANYWHO, we are excited for the possibilities despite the dark cloud hovering around them and we hope to have a decision and a job by week's end.

No comments: