Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Again

8lbs 12.2oz!!!! We had our first bad couple of nights. Friday night was a little bad, Gavin was really fussy until about 1, acting really hungry so I let Garth give him a bottle of breast milk and he gave up and went to sleep around 1 or 2 (can't remember). Then Saturday night was BAD! He was up from 3 to 9am just going from side to side nursing...he was sooooo hungry and I was soooo tired. He has started taking the paci, which is helping to satisfy his urge to suck when he really just wants to suck but isn't really hungry and I have started taking fenugreek again for my milk supply and we had a MUCH better night last night! When I was up with him all night Saturday I remember thinking that was what it seemed to be like every night with Garth Lee and it reminded me of how lucky I am that I have only had one of those nights so far and Gavin is already 4.5 weeks old. So here's hoping we keep the good night trend up and only have those bad ones occasionally...if at all.

3 comments:

The Ashdowns said...

I am so sorry! That sounds miserable. I hope your nights get better!

Brooke said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes it is hard to remember how much worse it could be...and sometimes it is hard to forget.

Amy said...

You have two adorable little guys! Gavin is precious!! I'll be sending lots of sleep vibes your way:)