Friday, December 18, 2009

Surprise!!!

I went home early from work yesterday and when I got home, I just wanted to lay down. I peeked my head downstairs to tell Garth that I was going upstairs and as I peeked, I also smelled something, something chemically and wonderful...PAINT!! My fatigue quickly wore off and I darted into the nursery and this is what I found more or less (I did do a little staging, but the WORK had been done):

This is the $3 rocker that Garth got for me at a garage sale. We still need to paint it. I was going to paint it white to match the rest of the furniture, but now I am thinking about kind of just white washing it to keep the "antiquey" feel of it...what do you think? The blanket is monogrammed gavin randall thomas ;)

Here is the crib set up with the bedding...I love it so much!!!!!!

Here is a wider shot of part of the room. In the pictures it looks like we need more stars, but I think it looks ok in person, I guess I will have to get some more opinions "in person". I am thinking about putting our chocolate brown floor length silk curtains over the windows...I will just have to see if the browns match.

This is the changing table set up with random stuff in it...I need to get some baskets and I have lots of the blue paint left so I can paint some baskets blue...or leave them brown, I guess I will try both and see what I like best...This time I haven't bought ANY newborn diapers since with Garth Lee I thought I was soooooo smart buying diapers before the baby was born and I bought lots of sizes, but I bought a box or 2 newborns that he NEVER fit into, so I have started with size 1's and I think I will go ahead and start buying 2's. I guess only time will tell, but I am pretty sure this baby will be at least 8.5 pounds, he feels like he is already about 6 or so...we have an ultrasound on the 11th of January that is supposed to give us a better idea of if he is actually a big baby, so less than a month and we will have at least some idea of if he will follow suit for the Thomas boys, which by the way Garth Lee has been the smallest at 8 lbs 14 oz, his 2 boy cousins were 9 lbs even and 9 lbs 2 oz...but Garth Lee was 2 weeks early ;)

Thank you so much to my husband and to his brother for helping!! It was a wonderful surprise.

Speaking of surprises, I failed my 1 hour glucose screening on Monday, so I get to do the 3 hour test this Monday, YAY--oh and my uterus decided to grow with the baby this time...I have been measuring 2 weeks "small" (I have to put that in quotes, because there really isn't much small about me, so it seems weird to be "small") pretty consistently and this time I was 2 weeks bigger than normal, which is still in normal range, but I feel better about 2 bigger...anywho, 2.5 months to go ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

The nursery looks adorable! You are almost there:)

Karen S. said...

I would keep the chair with the antique feel, I think. The picture you posted of that lady makes me want to cry. Poor woman!