Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Choice

Lots of my posts lately have been about Gavin and his neuroblastoma. I'm going to veer away from that topic, if only for a few short moments.

Garth and I got in a fight today. A really stupid one (like most), that I can actually remember how it started, but it's just really not worth it and although we both feel very strongly about the arguement, it's still stupid, no matter how you slice it.

While he was mad at me and pulling some pretty petty punches, I was really mad at him trying to think of even more petty punches that would hurt him way worse than anything he could say to me...luckily, before any came out of my mouth, I paused for one fleeting second and made an astonishing discovery about myself and my relationship with Garth and also with other people I love in my life.

I understand now why many marriages fail and people part ways because they get mad over something stupid or even over something not so stupid. The key is in the CHOICE. I make a choice every single day weather I am aware of it or not to be with my husband. I choose him, every single second of the day, I choose him. He chooses me too (thank goodness) and not in spite of our shortcomings, but because of them because they are what make us who we are are and without them we wouldn't be ourselves.

Thank you Garth for choosing me, every single day, especially the days it would be so much easier to choose otherwise like so many people do today.

I choose forever, every single day. And that's all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

The Davis Family Three said...

love this Brooke! Great insight. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

This is lovely. Just like you. :)

Michelle said...

That was really sweet! And so true! Thanks for reminding me!