Saturday, November 20, 2010

November

I can't believe that this week is Thanksgiving. Garth has Thanksgiving off this year so we will be able to hit all the festivities ;) It will be a different year for us, so much has changed in our families since last year, both gaining and losing members. I think it will still be a great day, with lots to be thankful for and if nothing else, there will be eating...lots and lots of eating, and napping (please, Gavin, let there be napping)!

Garth Lee and Gavin are competing on new teeth, Gavin has 6 teeth now, 4 on top and 2 on bottom...Garth Lee has lost 2, but has gained 6, for a net gain of 4...so I guess Gavin is still winning, but Garth Lee's teeth are WAY bigger, if that counts for anything (which, I am sure he would say counts for a lot). Who knew 6-year-olds cut molars? I'll tell you who, I did...when I was pregnant with Garth Lee, I could tell you everything that babies and kids could/should do and at what ages it would be appropriate for them to do so...now, not so much...I still love my babies very much, but I am less obsessed with their milestones and what they are 'supposed' to do when...speaking of...Gavin is 9 months Thanksgiving day and he could take those first steps any day, hopefully by Thursday so we can surprise everyone (I said I was LESS obsessed not NOT obsessed)...he is cruising like crazy and he lets go and stands a lot until he notices he's not holding onto anything then he slowly sits down.

A drug rep came by the other day and she asked about some policy that she asked me about the last time she was here...I told her that the last time she was here was probably the last time I was here so I didn't really know...she gave me the most horrified look and asked if I was ok...then before I could even answer, she said "Oh, you must have small babies at home"...I said "Nah, I'm just really lazy"...she was really embarrassed, but it was priceless, the look on that woman's face was something I think I will never forget. I, of course told her that I did, in fact, have a baby at home, but I think she also learned her lesson about what you get when you assume...

Well, anyways, HAPPY TURKEY DAY friends...I know that I have much to be thankful for and for that I am forever grateful.

No comments: