Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dear Gavin...

The car may not be the most exciting thing ever, but it gets us around so we aren't stuck inside all the time. Crying and screaming will not help the traffic move faster, trust me I've tried that one. No matter how much you scream, you are not getting out of that seat so you may as well just accept it and LOVE it!

If you ever want another sibling, EVER, you will need to let me put you down asleep in your crib sometimes.

It would be great if you could let me know if you are you finished pooping yet or if I should wait to change your diaper.

Be nice to the boob, don't scratch and punch it. This includes pulling back suddenly to see how far the nipple will stretch. If you want to let go, just open your mouth.

Dark = sleep, light = wake. It's a really easy pattern to follow, trust me.

I am the only one with the boobies that feed you.

I'm going to tally up the total of all the wasted milk that you won't drink from the bottle and take it out of your allowance one day.

Please bend your elbow when I try to put your carseat strap over your arm.

If you can fall asleep so easily during the day I know you can do it at night too.

I am not going to play with you at 2 in the morning. Feed you yes...play with you no...so just go back to bed and we will play in the morning.

When Mommy is changing your diaper, the whole process would go much more quickly if you'd lay still rather than kicking like mad. I'm good...but the moving target is a challenge.

And most importantly...It IS possible to sleep without a boob in your mouth. Oh, here's an idea - take a binkie!!! Then you can pretend to have a boob in your mouth and I am free to move.

Love ya butter bean!

6 comments:

Aunt Nette said...

This letter to Gavin is a treasure, thank you for reminding me of the real joy of raising children. I promise that you will look back at this time with a tug at your heart strings remembering these moments with fondness (and a joy that they are over!) - Love you, and keep up the good work.

jamesrivergirl said...

If this isn't effective birth control, I don't know what is.

At least he's the cutest thing ever.

Brooke said...

Yep, it's those really *fun* things that we forget about and somehow look back fondly upon later...weird ;)

Hobbs Family said...

Oh Brooke! I miss you. This is was hilarious...as usual :-) What a perfect way to remember with humor the daily challenges.

larshannon said...

I'm convinced that there are some babies who can't sleep without a boob in their mouths and that's why some moms get callouses.

Sarah said...

I really loved this post. I wish I had written down something like this with my 3 babies. It's the small details that we forget.