Sunday, February 28, 2010

Welcome To The World, Little Man


The biggest "the belly" got...pretty amazing, and I wasn't even due ;)

Here is the last picture of us as a family of 3...interesting thing about this one is that it was taken very literally 2 minutes before Gavin was born...I'll post the "birth story" in a separate post...

Usually I HATE pictures of myself, especially ones I am not prepared for, but I feel like this one caught a very precious moment of the first time I laid eyes on Gavin, in an instant my tears of pain turned to tears of joy as they placed his gooey body on my belly...

With Gavin being a little over 3 weeks early, there were a lot of things we were worried about, his lungs being the biggest, but as you can see here, he has quite the set and never needed any assistance to breathe...

This is Garth Lee's first time to "'check out" the baby, if you look really close you can see that his eyes are open as wide as can be, he was so amazed to meet his baby brother...

And here we all are just giving him a good inspection...

Here is the proud papa taking Gavin to the nursery...

A very proud big brother holding his very tired little brother for the first time...

I haven't taken as many pictures since we have been home, but this is the one and only time Gavin has been in the swing...looks like he likes it ;)

6 comments:

The Strattons said...

SOOOO CUTE! He is one handsome fella. Congrats you guys. We hope you continue to recover well!

The Strattons said...

SOOO CUTE!! Gavin is a handsome fella. Congrats you guys. We hope your recovery continues to go well.

Amanda said...

I am so excited to get to hold him. He is so precious. I hope everything is going great. I love the picture of Garth Le holding Gavin.

Tara said...

such a cutie. Garth Lee looks like he is going to be an awesome big brother! Congratulations. I'm glad you had such a great experience this time.

Aunt Nette said...

Brooke - What a wonderful time for such a wonderful family. We are so happy for you. I can't wait to see him, but I hate calling or coming by when you might be getting some rest. Love you all - Aunt Nette

larshannon said...

Congratulations!